2013 Volunteer Program
The World Science Festival is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness, taking science out of the laboratory and into the streets, theatres, museums, and public halls of New York City, making the esoteric understandable and the familiar fascinating.
The 2013 Festival will be held from May 29th through June 2nd and will once again turn New York into a grand stage with science as the star. World Science Festival Volunteers are the ambassadors of our organization, serving as the face of the Festival to visitors, welcoming them and being a resource of information about the Festival and its exhibits. World Science Festival Volunteers support the many production teams that make the wheels of the Festival turn. They are the core upon which the Festival’s success is based; they are the heart and soul of the World Science Festival.
The World Science Festival’s Volunteer Department has received an overwhelming response to volunteer with this year’s Festival. We are unable to accept any further applications at this time. If you are interested in getting involved throughout the year, please CLICK HERE to fill out a form. We appreciate your interest in the Festival and we will be in touch when other opportunities arise.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be enthusiastic and have a friendly outgoing personality.
- Comfortable working with people of all backgrounds, ages, and levels of familiarity with science.
- Great communication skills necessary.
- Computer/Internet skills a plus.
- While a background in science is an asset, a passion for learning and sharing knowledge is key.
- Dedication, commitment, reliability and professionalism are essential.
- Being flexible and having a sense of humor is a must!